Tuesday, October 25, 2016

2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-11

2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-11


I've owned a handful of bikes over the years, but I've always thought that this ZX-11 was probably the best one.  It was fast - make no mistake about that - but I'm not a speed freak when it comes to motorcycles so that's really not it. The reason I remember this bike so fondly is that it always worked...every time...just as it was supposed to.  


It started immediately every time and ran smooth from crank to kill.  To be fair I have to mention that it was less than a year old when I got it so you would expect nothing less.  However, I attribute more credit to the fact that this is the only Japanese bike I've ever owned (I was extremely surprised when I just realized that).  Every other motorcycle in my history thus far has been European or American....and they've all let me down at least once.  


This was also just a very pleasant bike to ride.  It felt more stable than sporty really.  I put some miles on this one over the course of a couple years and if I lived somewhere with less people I'd consider another one for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment