Friday, October 21, 2016

Regatta Bay Golf & Country Club

Regatta Bay Golf & Country Club

Destin, Florida


Regatta Bay is one of the many fantastic high-dollar courses in the Destin area.  Destin is a "Top 10 Golf Destination" on most lists due to year round weather and the volume of quality courses offered.  Regatta Bay was voted one of the "Top 200 courses in North America" and one of the "Top 15 courses in Florida."


The course is great, but one of the things that really stands out to me is the service.  Delicious apples chilled throughout the course - marshal's offering you mango scented wet towels - stations and cart girls about every other hole - you get spoiled!


The other thing that stands out to me is the wildlife.  The course surrounds a few small nature preserves but the inhabitants seem to like to wander.  The monster pictured below (one of the largest Eastern Diamondbacks I've ever seen) greeted me on the first tee.



This little speedster startled me on the 16th green.  I tried to 'shoo' him back into the marsh but he 'shooed' me back to my cart instead.  I think I just decided to give myself a two-putt and move on.


I love Regatta Bay.  The course is in great shape and you feel isolated because the holes rarely interact with one another.  A couple of the holes sit on Choctawhatchee Bay but wind was never an issue for me here.  I do seem to have a hard time hitting greens in regulation here for some reason though.  I'm not sure why - just a little off.


You have lots of choices for golf in Destin, and I certainly haven't played them all, but I would highly recommend Regatta Bay.  The golf will be great and I promise they'll take good care of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment