Saturday, June 24, 2017

1997 Cadillac Catera

1997 Cadillac Catera


Kind of a boring one tonight.  I've owned two Catera's (for some reason).  I've already blogged about the other one but this was the first one I had.  I'll admit that I had been somewhat interested in these and had looked at them for a while.  It was only a few years old when I had it but even then it didn't cost much as the Catera was not a particularly loved vehicle and didn't hold its value.  


My dad had been claiming that he wanted to swap out his 740iL (which he had gotten from me) for a smaller car to drive around Wichita Falls in and I thought the Catera might fit the bill.  I was at an auction on the day that my folks were coming in for a visit and I saw this so I grabbed it.  It had extremely low miles and was in nearly new condition but when I went to pick it up it shook so bad that I thought it had some serious issues.  As is the case many times, one new tire fixed the problem and it drove great after that.


Here are the folks humoring me by pretending to look at the engine.  They actually liked the car and considered taking it home instead of their BMW, but in the end the Beemer won out.  It hung around for a few months and then went on ebay.  A couple from North Houston bought it.


It's hard not to call the Catera a failure for Cadillac.  I covered the Catera in the aforementioned blog about my other one so I won't repeat here.  Suffice to say that there really isn't any reason why you should want one or consider one today.  Even if you found a clean one for a few thousand dollars, you can do better.  




No comments:

Post a Comment