Thursday, June 1, 2017

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum


My random program has spit out a recent one today.  This Sequoia was Branelle's daily driver for a couple of years.  It was a great truck with very few issues.


Nel had been driving a 2008 Tahoe for a couple of years but we decided to replace it.  I went to the Range Rover dealership to look at an Escalade and saw this on the lot.  We had considered one before buying the Tahoe and this one was pretty much loaded so I brought it home.


The only thing that gave me pause about purchasing it was the gray interior.  I've never been crazy about gray interiors for some reason - I'm still not.  Toyota has a really nice Saddle color that comes in this truck, but it's hard to find.  Nel liked it though, so we grabbed it.


We had this truck for nearly three years, two of which it was driven all the time.  It never had a mechanical issue worth mentioning and I really have nothing critical to say about it.  


One of the reasons we got this when we replaced the Tahoe was the 3rd-row seats.  The Tahoe had 3rd-row seats, but they were either in or out.  They didn't fold flat like these did.  Basically they sat in a closet and were never in there when you needed them.  We didn't use the ones in the Sequoia often, but they were there at the touch of a button when needed.


We don't tow regularly, but this thing was more than capable for anything we were going to haul when needed.  It was a 2WD, which I wouldn't do again, but it never really came up - even when launching boats.


One thing that I kind of liked (but also came up almost never) was that you could roll the back glass down.  Trees sticking out the back is the rare example of needing to do this, but it's nice to have the option.


The rear compartment had lots of room with everything folded flat.  Even though it had rear buckets with a console, the console was designed to fold over to create a completely flat cargo area - something I miss in our current Infiniti QX.  One of the only things I didn't care for on this truck was that the rear cargo area sloped towards the rear door.  I guess the 3rd-row seats made it stick up a little, but flat would be better.

Towing home one of my little fun finds on a road trip. 

It never let us down and did everything well.  All that being said, Nel and I both agreed that we kind of missed the Tahoe.  It was a better truck to drive and a little more comfortable.  I think the Sequoia is a better truck though (I know that sounds weird).  After a couple of good years we got Nel a new SUV and this one become superfluous so I eventually sold it.  It was extremely easy to sell - people love these.   


No comments:

Post a Comment