Wednesday, June 28, 2017

2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson

2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson


I had owned a 2000 F150 HD - the first year they made one - and it was more stickers and flames on a pickup than anything else (still cool though).  In 2002 they took it up a notch.  It still had HD emblems everywhere and this one had actual flames, but they also added the supercharged motor from the Lighting and some other performance mods.  It was a legit muscle truck now.


You also had a choice between black (the only color they previously offered) and "Dark Shadow Gray".  Mine had almost 100K miles on it when I got it but still drove great.  It was low, loud, and menacing compared to other F150s.  


Inside they continued the Harley theme just about everywhere they could.  It had Embossed leather flames and badges on just about everything.  There were even custom gauges with machined faces.


I always thought this was cool.  The rear also had bucket seats with a similar console with flames.  I'm not even a Harley guy, but for some reason I loved all the touches.


Like my previous F150 HD, this one had a bed cover that locked.  I drove this truck a lot but I used it as my golf vehicle weekly.  


I'm a sucker for anything with flames, which is a big part of why I bought this in the first place.  I've seen some of these without the flames and I just don't get it. If you're going to go this route, just go all the way.


Was it cool?  Absolutely.  They made 12,505 of these and all of them are RWD. They have about 340 HP and are surprisingly comfortable and easy to drive. These will be very collectible one day and you can find low mileage examples out there.  If you're a big Harley guy, why wouldn't you want at least one of the F-Series HD vehicles?  Even if you're not, it's a cool, fun truck that you can use and should appreciate at some point.   

No comments:

Post a Comment