Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Guest House Construction: Part 27

Guest House Construction: Part 27


The granite guys showed up last week.  They had measured the week before and after we went out and picked our slabs (again) they got them all cut and ready off-site.


They did all of the decking as well - I'm guessing since our trim guy never showed up to do it.  The granite guys were in and out in a day.  


Decking and setting the granite took them no time at all, but they have to cut out and polish all of the sinks and then set them.  That took them some time.


I think they did a great job.  They added some nice touches here and there and I'm happy with how it turned out.  


The tile guys continued to work all week.  I thought they'd finish, but they didn't even get all that close really.  The number of guys that showed up daily dropped, and I'm guessing we didn't get the "A-Team" all week.  Still, they're making progress.


They seem to spend a lot of time on the master shower.  It doesn't seem all that complicated to me, but what do I know?  It's coming along....slowly.


The floor looks good and it's close to being finished.  They still need to do the master bathroom and grout everything.  


They got some tile down on the garage bathroom.  Yes, it's supposed to look like that.  I have a plan.


They asked me to start looking at backsplash, which means you get to go to the tile store and do this a lot.  


Brought some things home to try, but I don't know.  This isn't my favorite thing to do if I'm being honest.  


One thing the tile guys did finish up was the patio.  I had them use all that extra travertine we picked up and they did a great job with it.  


It matches the travertine we used around the pool....almost.  They actually did a better job around the transitions than I was expecting.  It ties in to the steps perfectly.  


Occasionally guys will ask me if I can get them something.  In this case it was thinset.  It looks like I've decided to become a drug mule.

Electric will get done this coming week, but I'm not sure what else.  The weather is threatening to become a factor as we get into hurricane season around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment