Thursday, June 8, 2017

2001 Lexus GS430

2001 Lexus GS430


I keep thinking about posting something interesting, but I seem to just take the lazy route lately and knock out another car.  This time it's my old GS430.  I thought this was a great car!  I had owned a '98 GS400 prior to this one and it had been one of my favorites.  This one was even better.  


It was basically the same car but with a slightly larger motor (from a 4.0 liter to a 4.3 liter).  To be honest, I couldn't really tell any difference in performance, but it was over a year between the two cars.  


The interior of almost any Lexus is extremely comfortable and this was no exception.  I own an LS now and I've owned 10 different Lexus to date and they just don't show wear.  The leather on even a moderately cared for Lexus will look new.


One huge plus on this car over my previous GS is that it had navigation.  Newer sat-nav systems are light years better, but this one was fantastic at the time.


Another plus for this car - and this goes for any car really - is that I had all of the books and records for it (as my sweet Romeo can attest).  It's sort of like medical records for a person.  The GS line is a great all-around vehicle.  It's extremely comfortable and has just about every option you can imagine.  If you go with the V8 version on these older ones it has tons of power too.  I could have driven this car every day, and did for the most part.  It would even remind you when someone had a birthday or anniversary coming up.  That's nothing today, but remember this was a 2001.  These cost almost nothing to buy today, and that's really the only reason you should buy one - because it costs almost nothing.  As a cheap car that's safe, reliable, and comfortable you can't beat it, but only if you can find a well cared for example.  The reason I wouldn't say to pay more for one is that you can buy the next generation for just a little more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment