Monday, June 5, 2017

Guest House Construction: Part 25

Guest House Construction: Part 25


I had a feeling it was going to be an unproductive week.  I hate being right all the time - it takes the excitement out of life.  Basically, you're looking at the only materials that were added to the house all week - the plywood decking for the island.  My builder actually came out and did it himself (with a little help from me) so the granite guys could measure and start cutting the slabs.  The tile bundles on top are just being used as weight while we nailed it down.  


The only other activity really was the brick guys sending someone out to do whatever it is they do to wash the bricks.  They finished last week, but had about a day's worth of washing to do and finished up on Tuesday.


We selected flooring and tile on Wednesday.  Our builder said it was time, and I certainly don't want to be a hold up for any reason - we have enough of those. We hit the store and made all the selections for the first floor in about an hour. We'd already picked and delivered the tile for upstairs and the garage bath weeks ago so this should do it for materials.....except backsplash....and plumbing fixtures.

I wish I could say I'm optimistic things will pick up this week, but I'm guessing very little will actually happen.  The most important step continues to be getting electric service to the structure.  I'm not sure if any progress has been made on this front, but I did see some e-mails last week between our builder and our electric service provider.  

No comments:

Post a Comment