Thursday, June 29, 2017

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4X4 V10

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4X4 V10


My random selector has given me two Ford trucks in a row.  These Excursions are bound to start popping up as I've certainly owned enough of them, but this one was the first.  I had ordered a new Suburban in 2000 when they came out with the updated bodystyle and I kept it for exactly one year to the day.  I decided I wanted another BIG SUV, and I wasn't kidding.  There was nothing bigger than the Ford Excursion and I had to have one.  After considering all the options I decided on a very specific truck.  I wanted a 4X4 Limited with the V10 and I wanted it in white (the white/tan combo matched my dog Romeo perfectly).


I finally found this one at a Ford dealership in Missouri.  Due to the fact that there weren't that many people that wanted to drive one of these monsters, they had become reasonably cheap.  I bought it and had it shipped to me in Houston and then immediately headed to my parents in Wichita Falls for Christmas the next day.


I absolutely loved this truck (clearly, since I kept buying them).  It was in great shape, had about everything you could want, and was actually a blast to drive. It was surprisingly comfortable to drive and ride in and you couldn't beat the utility uses.  The inside was cavernous.  


I used it to tow on occasion, and as you might imagine it did so effortlessly.  


Fortunately, this was never required.  I never had a single problem with the thing.  It ran great the entire time I owned it.  



The Excursion probably isn't for everyone.  I don't even think I would want to drive one everyday anymore.  It rides and drives fine, but does take some planning and effort in normal sized parking lots.  However, as a "utility vehicle" it has no equal.  The Suburbans of the period are probably better trucks, but the Excursion is bigger - substantially bigger - and just looks great!  I keep threatening Nel with getting another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment